Other Courses & Trade Qualifications

Why do I need to be licenced?

You must have a contractor licence before you contract, sub-contract or advertise to do residential building work where the reasonable market cost of the labour and materials is more than $5,000 (including GST). For more information on this you can visit NSW Fair Trading directly by following the link below.

Getting Your Builders Licence in NSW

If you are looking to get qualifications for builders licence then you have come to the right place. Master Builders is the Building Industry Association in NSW and as such takes responsibility to ensure that builders have access to the best learning resources in NSW. Part of this responsibility means ensuring we provide licensing pathways for those who need to be qualified and training to ensure the quality of those employed in the industry.  It also means support to those on the pathway to obtaining a building qualification (Certificate IV in Building & Construction), as well as supporting the Continuing Professional Development (CPD) of current builders in the industry.

Getting Trades Qualification & Licences

One of the many services that Master Builders Skill Assessment Centre provides is trades licensing pathways. Our range of trades is expansive, including waterproofing, painting, tiling, carpentry and bricklaying to name but a few. For trades people in NSW looking to gain their builders licence or trades qualification, we not only provide recognition of prior learning (RPL) with onsite assessments, we also provide general training for things such as pre-purchase home inspections. Based in Baulkham Hills and servicing all of NSW, our trades training courses, such as carpentry and waterproofing, focus on hands-on experience and practical-based classes that are designed around the work hours of a typical tradesperson. Whether you want to gain a Certificate III in your trade have an enquiry about your building certificate, or are looking to add valuable trade skills to your current resume, we can help you.

Smart and Skilled Funding Available

Master Builders has a contract with the NSW Government (Department of Industry) to be able to offer and provide training and assessment programs under the government's Smart and Skilled program.Subsidised courses are available throughout NSW under the Smart and Skilled Program. Find out if you are eligible for the course of your choice on the Smart and Skilled NSW WebsiteMaster Builders can offer courses from within multiple streams under Smart and Skilled:

1. Entitlement Apprenticeships and Traineeships - Master Builders offers apprenticeship training in Carpentry, Bricklaying/Blocklaying and Civil Construction, as well as traineeships in Business qualifications.

2. Entitlement Full Qualifications - for people undertaking a full qualification at Certificate III level or below, where the training is not under an apprenticeship or traineeship.

3. Entitlement Targeted Priorities Full Qualification - for those undertaking a full qualification at Certificate IV level or above, where the training is not under an apprenticeship or traineeship.

4. Targeted Priorities Part Qualifications - for training programs that provide a defined skill outcome, but is not a full qualification

Eligibility criteria applies for all enrolments into a Smart and Skilled subsidised program. Criteria is listed on the Smart and Skilled NSW Website. The staff of Master Builders Training Department is also available to answer enquiries related to funded courses. It is important to note that student may be required to pay course fees for subsidised courses. Further information on Smart and Skilled practices can be accessed here.

Unique Student Identifier (USI)

Any person in Australia who is undertaking a vocational education and training qualification or course is required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). All students applying to undertake a course with MBA NSW MUST supply their USI during enrolment.

Obtaining your USI is a quick and easy process - go to The process should only take a couple of minutes.

  • 0


  • 0


  • 0

    Dedicated Trainers


Free Report - Four Key Things You Need to Know to Become A Licenced Builder